Our calendar for 2018/19 can be found below – we look forward to seeing many of you!
Participants will read a maximum of 50 pages per meeting and all readings will be provided for attendees at least two weeks before the meeting, via a secure page on our website.
We welcome all students, independent scholars, and researchers to attend what we hope will be a rewarding and rigorous academic session. To become a member and to sign-up to our mailing list, please send your name, affiliation, and research interests to email@example.com.
- 10 October 2018, University of Birmingham, Arts Building room LR6 222, 4-6pm, Islamophobia. Led by Professor Peter Morey (University of Birmingham).
- 5 December 2018, University of Birmingham, Arts Building room LR4, 4-6pm, Women’s Sexual Pain. Led by Hannah Loret-Howick (Nottingham Trent University).
- 6 February 2019, University of Birmingham, 5-7pm, Intimate Economies. Led by Dr Liam Connell (University of Brighton).
- 20 March 2019, University of Birmingham, 5-7pm, Extraction. Led by Christine Okoth (KLC).
- Critical Kinks. Led by Sean Richardson.
- Ending Poverty panel discussion, part of Newcastle Freedom City.
- Stuplimity in the Age of Trump. Led by Dr Alica Bennett.
- Environmental Humanities. Led by Nadhia Grewal.
- The Economic Humanities. Let by Dr Paul Crosthwaite.
- Telephony and Literature. Led by Dr Sarah Jackson.
- Space and Neoliberalism. Led by Sam Cooper.
- The End(s) of Postcolonial Studies. Led by Dr Neelam Srivastava.
- A.I. & Futurity. Led by Andrew Rowcroft.
- Trans/Feminisms. Led by Dr Rachel Sykes.
- What is the Contemporary? Led by Dr Rachel Sykes.
- Trauma and Catastrophe. Led by Dr Arin Keeble.
- Time and History. Led by Dr Diletta De Cristofaro.